YouAs we all know, there are not many positives of travelling on long distance buses or trains whilst backpacking. However, one of the greatest gifts of this aspect of your travels is the amount of reading you’re able get through. After many years of packing multiple books for my trips, I decided to invest in a Kindle a few years ago. This is one of the best decisions I made. Instead of finding a book swap in the hostel and choosing from the best of a bad bunch on the shelf, I can download books whenever I’m in wifi, ask for recommendations from other backpackers, carry as many books as I wish AND buy all my books at a reduced price.
Here are a few of my all time favourite books to travel with:
Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
3. Marching Powder by Rusty Young
4. Century Trilogy by Ken Follett
Fall of Giants, Winter of the World and Edge of Eternity
5. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
6. The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz
7. Under Our Skin by Benjamin Watson
8. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
9. The Damage Done by Warren Fellows
10. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
If you have any recommendations for me for my next trip, I would appreciate your comments below.